Apple announced on September 12th the upcoming release of several new upcoming products including:
- iPhone X (pronounced “ten”) with infrared facial recognition technology called Face ID, wireless battery charging, and an OLED screen that covers the entire phone front that replaces the home button. Face ID is a replacement of the prior Apple Touch ID fingerprint recognition.
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus with front and back glass covers, wireless charging, and camera enhancements.
- Apple Watch Series 3 with watchOS 4 and a cellular chip option that can make calls, and access the internet, including music streaming.
- iOS 11 with new features including augmented reality.
- Apple TV 4K with 4K HDR quality streaming.
iPhone series 8, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple TV 4K will be available on September 22, 2017 while iPhone X will be available November 3.