Some of the new features that are installed with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709 or build 16299) include:
- Mixed Reality Viewer app
- Ability to highlight or add notes to e-books in Microsoft Edge browser
- Ability to dictate an email or message instead of typing it by pressing Windows key + H key
- Add emojis by pressing Windows key + period key (.)
- Windows Controlled Folder access can protect folders from viruses and ransomware. Select Windows Key -> Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows Defender- > Open Windows Defender Security Center -> Virus & threat protection -> Virus & threat protection settings -> Controlled folder access (set to On) -> Protected folders.
- Android phone support (Windows key -> Settings -> Phone
A list of added features can be found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043948/windows-10-whats-new-in-fall-creators-update-1709.
Some features that were removed or deprecated include:
- Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Outlook Express
- Ability to create a Resilient File System (ReFS) except for Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.
- Reader app and Reading List (replaced by Microsoft Edge browser)
Deprecated Windows 10 Fall Creators Update features are found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034825/features-that-are-removed-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-fall-creators-up