Extensions for the Microsoft Visual Studio suite of products can be found at marketplace.visualstudio.com. Extensions add support for languages not included in Visual Studio, aid in IDE development, or perform a specific task.
Some current popular extensions are:
- Developer Analytics Tools
- SQL Server, Azure SQL and SQL Data Warehouse (mssql)
- Deploy to Azure
- Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio Code
- Go language for Visual Studio Code
- PostgreSQL for Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio IntelliCode (productivity features for Python and Java)
- Visual Studio Live Share
- Visual Studio Pull Requests
- Visual Studio Code Remote for WSL, SSH and Docker containers
- Java Language Support (Red Hat)
- All Microsoft Visual Studio Extensions
Extensions can be free, preview, or paid. Paid extensions are often charged per user per month. Preview extensions are eventually converted to paid extensions. Extensions are either written by Microsoft, third party vendors, or individual developers.
More information can be found at code.visualstudio.com/docs/extensions/overview.