Docker became aware that a single Docker Hub database was unsecured on April 25th 2019. The security issue was resolved and Docker is continuing to investigate this matter. An estimated 190,000 accounts may have been affected and those passwords were reset and user tokens and access keys were revoked.
Microsoft has announced the upcoming release of its new command line tool application Windows Terminal. This application for PowerShell and WSL users is currently available for download at GitHub and is also available the Microsoft Store.
More information about Windows Terminal can be found at devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/windows-terminal-build-2019-faq.
Microsoft will release the Windows 10 May 2019 update (also known as version 1903 or build 17763) worldwide in the coming weeks. One of the new features in the May 2019 update is that Windows Defender Security Center has been renamed to Windows Security Center (WSC). A list of known issues with this update is also available.
Google issued a security notice on its Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Titan Security Keys and is offering a free replacement for affected keys. A new key may be requested at google.com/replacemykey.
Microsoft found a security vulnerability in Remote Desktop Services or Terminal Services for older versions of Windows and has released updates. This does not affect the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). The issue was logged as CVE-2019-0708.
Some of the more comprehensive lists of known data breaches include:
- USA Today list of largest data breaches and hacks
- CNN.com – biggest data breaches in history
- Bloomberg.com – worst corporate hacks list
- Wikipedia data breach list
- State of California data breaches list
Identity theft victims can receive advice from these websites:
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) – Identity Theft Help
- FTC – Additional resources for identity theft victims
- FTC – Report fraud
- FTC – Guidance on how to avoid fraud
- FTC Complaint Assistant
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – report tax fraud activity
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN)
- IRS Form 14039 – Identity Theft Affidavit
- U.S. State Dept. – Report a lost or stolen passport
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – identity theft scams
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) – report a crime