Microsoft will hold its annual technology Build event from May 23 to 24, 2023. Online registration is free; more information is available at the event FAQ page.
Microsoft will hold its annual technology Build event from May 24 to May 26, 2022. Registration is free; more information is available at the event FAQ page.
Downdetector shows outage information and status for widely used websites and services such as mobile and internet service providers, social media sites, banking and financial services, etc. This includes:
- Most recent outages
- List of all companies tracked
- Facebook, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp
- Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint
- AT&T, Comcast / Xfinity, Spectrum, CenturyLink, Frontier and Cox
- Google, Gmail, Google Cloud, and Google Hangouts
- Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and Box
- Apple Maps, iCloud, iMessage, and iWork
- Office 365, Outlook, Sharepoint, Skype and Skype for Business
- Visual Studio, Microsoft Teams, Azure, and Exchange
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloudflare, and Zoom
PowerOutage.us is a different website that tracks electricity power outage data from utilities all over the United States.
Microsoft announced that Skype for Business Online will be retired on July 31, 2021. New Office 365 customers will use Teams for chat, meetings, and calling starting on September 1, 2019 but existing Skype for Business customers should not be affected until 2021.
A free version of Microsoft Teams, an online meetings and chat platform, is now available at products.office.com/en-US/microsoft-teams/free. The free version allows up to 300 users and has additional restrictions when compared to the paid versions.
Teachers and students can also use Teams for free with a valid educational email address.
Microsoft has announced the new project called Microsoft Teams, a group chat workspace within Office 365. It runs on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Office 365 IT administrators can turn on Microsoft Teams by opening Office 365 Admin Center and selecting Settings > Services & Add Ins > Microsoft Teams.