Microsoft will hold its annual technology Build event from May 24 to May 26, 2022. Registration is free; more information is available at the event FAQ page.
Microsoft announced the release of Visual Studio 2022 and .NET 6 in November 2021. New features include multi-repo support, a new Razor editor for local ASP.NET Core development and Hot Reload of code. More information can be found at:
Visual Studio Codespaces will be consolidating into GitHub Codespaces and will no longer be available as of February 2021. Microsoft has provided an FAQ page for this transition.
Downdetector shows outage information and status for widely used websites and services such as mobile and internet service providers, social media sites, banking and financial services, etc. This includes:
- Most recent outages
- List of all companies tracked
- Facebook, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp
- Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint
- AT&T, Comcast / Xfinity, Spectrum, CenturyLink, Frontier and Cox
- Google, Gmail, Google Cloud, and Google Hangouts
- Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and Box
- Apple Maps, iCloud, iMessage, and iWork
- Office 365, Outlook, Sharepoint, Skype and Skype for Business
- Visual Studio, Microsoft Teams, Azure, and Exchange
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloudflare, and Zoom
GitHub Visual Studio Codespaces – formerly known as Visual Studio Online – allows you to create Visual Studio solutions entirely in the cloud across multiple devices. This development environment is currently in public preview.
Microsoft will hold the worldwide Visual Studio 2019 Launch Event online on April 2nd 2019. Visual Studio extensions will also have to be updated for VS2019.
Microsoft announced the release of Visual Studio 2019 Preview version at its 2018 Connect event. This version includes Visual Studio Live Share by default as part of the installation. Visual Studio 2019 Preview may be downloaded from visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/preview/. System requirements and release notes are also available.
Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) has been renamed to Azure DevOps as of September 2018. Microsoft offers guidance on conversion from Team Foundation Server (TFS) to Azure DevOps Services. Features within VSTS have been given new Azure DevOp names as well.
User settings can be changed by logging into app.vsaex.visualstudio.com.
Visual Studio Live Share (VS Live Share or VSLS) is a development project tool to allow team collaborative editing of source code within Microsoft Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code. VSLS is currently in preview or pre-release mode as a Visual Studio Marketplace extension and may become a paid product in the future.
More information can be found here:
- VS Live Share – Documentation
- VS Live Share – Frequently Asked Questions
- Visual Studio Live Share Audio
- Using VS Live Share with Visual Studio
- Using VS Live Share with Visual Studio Code
- VS Live Share – Language and platform support
- Troubleshooting Visual Studio Live Share
- VS Live Share at GitHub.com